The ‘Workplace Trust Leaders’ project aims to educate and train SME Managers in collaborative arts and advocacy skills for recognition and early intervention of conflict resolution within their respective organisations. The preservation of workplace relationships, resolution of disputes, advocacy in conciliation, early intervention, and interest based approaches to conflict are attainable through training, education, and coaching. Unhealthy relationships within the workplace are a leading cause of employee turnover. Employees have high expectations and expanding legal rights, while today’s increasingly diverse workforce only adds to interpersonal challenges. The training will give SMEs the tools to recognize problems and turn organizations into harmonious workplaces.
The component parts of this innovative project define the dynamics of conflicts and various tactical alternatives associated with resolving them. It provides managers the confidence to make informed decisions as well as the permission to use third party intervention resources such as conflict coaching, conciliation services, conflict resolution, and facilitation sessions and brings with it some emotional intelligence training.
The training programme includes materials designed to:
- Empower staff to “own” their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Allow teams to make decisions and put together their own proposals that they believe benefit the business.
- Being open and transparent on key decisions/ changes to business processes or procedures.
- Refrain from treating anyone or any team more favourably than another.
- Call out success when it is warranted by don’t anyways focus the attention on one particular person or team.
- The training provides the Manager with confidence to make informed decisions as well as the permission to use third party intervention resources such as conflict coaching, conciliation services, conflict resolution, and facilitation sessions and brings with it some emotional intelligence training.
The output includes competency modules to improve workplace relationships:
- Develop A Positive Attitude
- Do Not Jump to Conclusions
- Improve Your Communication Skills
- Resolve Conflicts Early
- Set Boundaries
- Treat All Co-workers with Respect
- Understand and Accept Personal or Cultural Differences
- The Trust Leader Training is presented in a series of self-contained online modules that can be taken individually, until the training is completed. Each module will address a specific topic. Collectively, when the modules have been completed, they will have enabled participants to have a solid understanding of the techniques and values of becoming a Trust Leader.
By having the training distributed through a series of self-contained modules, participants will be able to access the information in a time-sensitive manner that fits their individual time constraints. The online programme allows the participants to spread the learning over a number of sessions. Upon completion of the entire series a participant will be able to access and print a certificate showing that they have successfully completed the training as a Trust Leader. This process will allow the participants to have a better understanding of themselves and their relationship styles.
To access the Training Programme follow this link and register to receive your User Name/Password.
As a compliment to the training programme the Partners have produced a detailed 57 page HANDBOOK that provides a ‘blueprint’ for the introduction of a conflict free workplace by explaining ways to build trust at work. The Handbook includes self-assessment tools, quizzes, case studies and action points for Managers.
- EU15 (Project Promoter)
- Greek Exporters Association (SEVE) (Greece)
- EUROPEAN REGIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR CO-OPERATION (ERFC) (Greece)
- The 4Civility Institute (Ireland)
- CONSORZIO FRIULI FORMAZIONE (Italy)
- Asociación Círculo Empresarial Cacereño (CEC) (Spain)