On 21/12/2022 the PROMETHEUS International Competition 2022 was successfully completed with the implementation of PROMETHEUS Finals!
Yannis Charalabidis, PROMETHEUS Project Coordinator and Professor at University of the Aegean welcomed team members and participants giving more information about the PROMETHEUS Competition.
Next, 12 teams in total presented their business ideas at the final event of the competition, before a jury composed of renowned members of the academic community and the market. The live event included a short presentation of the teams and their ideas as well as answers to relevant questions by the judges and the audience.
The teams that were selected for participating in the finals and developed their business plan after the relevant two-stage evaluation of the competition were:
- Agrioceano, a business idea aiming at the development of a patent to grow trees that are irrigated with sea water and can give us some crops.
- Colony Robotics, a business idea aiming at designing robots that will collect the waste from construction sites, transport it to the right place, and transport the materials to the installation.
- Climate Standard in the EU climate neutral standard, a business idea aiming at the creation of a 2 scalable Climate Neutrality Standards, one for brands and one for individual products towards a solution on the lack of transparency that affects corporate strategies.
- Meta Fashion, a two-sided innovative, virtual, marketplace based on metaverse where fashion brands and customers can meet together.
- FoodAllios, a business idea aiming at reducing food waste through the creation of a platform/ mobile app that will connect consumers and business owners and driven by the vision of reshaping the food system.
- LEAN Platform, a business idea aiming to transform education experience by creating a platform that will provide users with incentives to build self-directed learning.
- MaaS in Tourism, a business idea with the aim to offer Mobility as a service (MaaS) solutions to Greek islands and progressively to expand our target group to cities across mainland Greece.
- Let’s Park, a crowdsourcing platform that (inter)connects citizens, local government organizations and companies with the aim to design and implement pocket parks.
- Hejfin, a business idea with the aim to bridge the gender gap that exists in financial literacy through the creation of an one-stop financial educational platform aimed at women and non-binary.
- Smart FoodyBox, the creation of simple smart boxes utilising sensors to support the development of support food products.
- Smart Alert, an app that aims to assist citizens in case of a health or relevant emergency.
- PanGen, a business idea for the creation of personalised medicine to increase quality of life.
Judges recognized the high level and innovation of all business plans in different sectors of sustainable development and with the utilisation of technological tools. Before judges announce the results, Georgia Tseva, PROMETHEUS Dissemination Manager and EU Programmes Coordinator at Crowdpolicy, presented PROMETHEUS project vision, key accomplishments and future activities.
After careful consideration, the judges distinguished the following business ideas:
- Climate Standard the EU climate neutral standard – 1st Place In The Thematic Area: Climate Change
- PanGen – 1st Place In The Thematic Area: Bio-Economy
- HejFin – 1st Place In The Thematic Area: Sustainable Development
- LEAN Platform – 1st Place in the Thematic Area: Digital Transformation
- FoodAllios – 1st Place in the Thematic Area: Circular Economy
- Smart Alert – Special Distinction Track A – Students of a university program of study
- Smart FoodyBox – Special Distinction in the Thematic Area: Smart Manufacturing
The best business ideas will be awarded, widely publicised and further supported for their implementation through associated incubators, accelerators and funding agencies.
The PROMETHEUS International Startup Competition 2022 aims to embrace early stage business ideas leading to either innovative startups or social entrepreneurship approaches including new applications and technological ideas, relevant to the objectives of the PROMETHEUS project, in the domains of Digital Transformation and Sustainable Development. The competition is supported by mentors from the PROMETHEUS Network, comprising leading academics and industry / public sector executives, who have provided their advice for the development of business ideas.
Read more about PROMETHEUS International Startup Competition 2022: https://hei-prometheus.eu/entrepreneurship-acceleration-platform/the-competition/
Stay tuned for more information about the winning business ideas and PROMETHEUS Entrepreneurship initiatives!